Easily backup/sync files to another drive, FTP, ZIP, network, or email server
Easily backup, synchronize, or restore your files to another drive, FTP server, ZIP file, networked drive, removable media, CD/DVD, or email server. Highly configurable,
SyncBackPro includes: open/locked file copying; file versioning; fast backup; true synchronization; Zip64 support; compression filtering; detailed and easy to read log files; email results; simulated backups and restore; file filters; sub-directory selection; copy verification; background backups; auto-close of programs; profile groups; compare files, and an extensive context sensitive help file. As well as English, SyncBackPro is also available in Catalan, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
SyncBackPro, developed by 2BrightSparks, is a multi-award winning solution with tens of thousands of users. SyncBackPro provides a dependable way of ensuring digital files are safe with a simple interface that enables the first time user to backup and save their valuable data within minutes.
As well as an Easy Mode for essential backup, restore, and synchronization tasks, SyncBackPro has an Expert Mode that delivers advanced functionality. If you need to backup to an FTP server or network and email the results this is where you'll fine-tune the software. SSL (implicit and explicit), MODE Z compression, and one-time-passwords are supported.
You will always be able to find help close to hand whenever you run into problems.
A comprehensive context sensitive help file provides easily accessible instructions and guidance about all aspects of using SyncBackPro. Simply click a help button at the bottom of the window you happen to have open, and you'll get taken straight to the help page for that task.
Here are some key features of "SyncBackPro":
Backup and sync via an email server:
· You can now backup and synchronize your files via an email server (POP3/IMAP4 and SMTP), e.g. Gmail, Yahoo!, etc. For example, you could synchronize your files with a friend or colleague via a dedicated shared email account. You could also sign up to a free email account and backup your files to it. There is no need to worry about spam - SyncBackPro can be configured to automatically delete all emails that are not used by SyncBackPro. There is also no need to worry about security because you can store your files using 256-bit AES encryption.
Backup directly to a CD/DVD:
· Now you can backup directly to CD or DVD (including Blu-Ray), with automatic disk spanning. There is no need to pre-format the CD/DVD, and compression does not need to be used for disk spanning.
· This powerful new feature allows you to configure how SyncBackPro works and runs profiles. For example, you could create a script that lets SyncBackPro backup to a database (or anything else you can access). Scripting can also be used to change how profiles run.
Unlimited number of files:
· SyncBackPro uses a database to store details of the files it is copying, instead of storing the information in RAM (memory). This means an unlimited number of files and folders can now be processed. SyncBackPro will use RAM for performance but will automatically and seamlessly switch to a database if memory is running low or the number of files reaches a threshold. Using a database will actually be significantly faster when the number of files is in the hundreds of thousands.
Automatic drive failure detection:
· Using S.M.A.R.T. technology, SyncBackPro can detect the impending failure of a hard drive. If a hard drive is going to fail (or has failed) then the log file will have details, and the profile status will indicate it. To use this feature your computers BIOS and hard drive must support S.M.A.R.T. (and it must also be enabled via the BIOS settings).
· As well as supporting the industry standard Zip compression, and BWT compression, you can now also compress using BZip2. It compresses most files more effectively than more traditional gzip or Zip, but it is slower. If space is more of a concern than speed, then BZip2 may be the solution.
· As well as supporting traditional FTP and FTPS, SyncBackPro now also supports SFTP.
· 30 days trial period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: Silently fail did not work in some situations
· Fixed: Crash at startup if two or more profiles have the same hot-key
· Fixed: Sometimes did not email log if profile was aborted
· Fixed: Reverts to default filters when only have one filter and change it to a filter that is incomplete and is auto-corrected
· Fixed: Conversion of DOS filters to regular expression filters, also stopped forcing double backslash to beginning of reg expr filters
· Fixed: Wrongly says trial has expired if entering full Pro serial number (no problem if upgrade serial) and have a registered version of SyncBackSE installed
· Fixed: Some email script functions did not work
· Updated: German translations (thanks to Sascha Brathe)
· Updated: Spanish translations (thanks to Jordi Rodellar)
· Updated: Very rare exception related to GetProcessImageFileNameW
· Updated: The help section on regular expressions has been changed
· Updated: Help file