Full featured text and source editor with Unicode support
Portable RJ TextEd is the portable version of RJ TextEd designed to be able to run from a USB flash drive or any other portable device.
Portable RJ TextEd is a full featured text and source editor with Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. Its functionality extends beyond text files and includes support for HTML editing with integrated preview, spell checking, auto completion, HTML validation, templates, FTP connection and more.
The program also include support for Topstyle Lite CSS editor, has a dual pane file commander, as well as a FTP client to upload your files. Below is a small list of features available. For a full list check out the features section.
Portable RJ TextEd can use auto completion and hints to assist you in editing source code. Users are given the possibility to preview the Html/ASP/PHP code with a click of a button or by opening the document automatically in a web browser. The editor does not only handle source code. It also handles true ASCII files, binary files and of course plain text files.
Here are some key features of "Portable RJ TextEd":
· Auto completion.
· Code folding.
· Column mode.
· Handles both ASCII and binary files.
· Html wizards.
· Use TopStyle Lite as your CSS editor if installed.
· FTP client with synchronization.
· File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager...
· Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
· Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
· Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
· Unicode file paths and file names.
· Html validation, format and repair.
· Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap
What's New in This Release:
Keyboard shortcuts for text clips:
· It is now possible to assign any keyboard shortcut to a text clip. So, you're not limited to the Ctrl+Alt+num shortcuts anymore.
User clipboard indicator:
· Added a user clipboard indicator in the status bar. Nothing is shown when the standard Windows clipboard is used.
Mouse wheel behavior:
· Changed mouse wheel behavior. The focused text memo will always be scrollable by the mouse wheel except when over another scrollable list, e.g. explorer or search result lists.
Open/Save CSV/PSV/TSV files:
· CSV files should now be opened properly even if the strings contains newline characters.
Delete blank lines:
· Move the menu item to "More line operations".
· Line changes should now be indicated properly.
· If nothing is changed, nothing is added to undo history.
· Added context menu items to open or close all tree nodes.
· Fixed a great number of reported (and unreported) issues